BANJO PARTS, RIMS, RESONATORS, & MISC. EPHEMERALast updated 12/18/2013
| Please note:
- I can no longer help you with matching a missing banjo hook or nut.
- I have no Gibson parts at all; I will post anything I have
- You are welcome to run a free Wanted ad to try to find something
specific you need. MIH
BANJO PARTS, VINTAGE & USED:
Note: The boxes containing the named banjo wrenches and some of the
ivory and bone tailpieces, originally listed here, are missing -- whether just
mislaid or misappropriated is not known at this time. Please check back from
time to time to see if they have been found.
Vintage Banjo Tuners (Tuning keys):
All the vintage tuners have been sold.
Vintage Banjo Tailpieces
- Kerschner Unique Tailpiece Marked Granada, 5-string, engraved, gold
plated. Modern. Like New, $150
- Grover Tailpiece Slip on string cover. Vintage 1930s, standard on
many better banjos. Hooks accommodate 4, 5, 6, or 8 strings. $50
Tailpiece, circa 1880s, Sold.
Long Pattern, slide on cover, very good condition, $100.
Wood with attachment screw, exc. condition, (middle one in picture)
Knot, Cammed, orig. 5 string, early, rare, near mint, marked Patent
- No Knot, Non-cammed Original 5-string, marked Pat. Nov. 19, 1901,
- No Knot, Non-cammed Original 4-string, marked Pat. Nov. 19, 1901,
cast brass same shape as Skinner, but unmarked, $50.
- Generic round handle, complete set of 3, (1/4",9/32",5/16"), $25.
- Generic round handle - 5/16", $10.
with heart-shaped handle #10, 9/32", $35.
with pointed, spade-shaped handle #11, complete set of 3,
with pointed, spade-shaped handle #11, 1/4", $25.
with pointed, spade-shaped handle #11, 5/16", $25.
- Club-shaped, 3
holes #12, 5/16", $35.
Vintage Nuts, Shoes & Hooks -- limited quantities.
Vintage Capos, Mutes, & Other Ephemera
Banjo or Fiddle Mute. Stamped Elton on top. Fits on the bridge, 4 or
5 strings. Solid, polished, brass. $100.
Neck Adjuster, exc cond, 10 3/8" tip to tip, $55.
Neck attachment yoke, $35.
Flange set, incomplete, missing one end piece and 2 regular pieces,
armrest, gold plated, plating is pretty good, metal is excellent, star
neck attachment, near mint, $150
Toggle Capo, adjustable, non elastic, like new, black, $5.
- Flesh hoops, 11", 10 15/16", 11 13/16", Vega square cross section.
Very good condition, $25 each.
MANDOLIN & UKE PARTS, TUNERS, TAILPIECES, & MISC.
VINTAGE MANDOLIN TUNERS, PARTS, & TAILPIECES:
VINTAGE INSTRUMENT TUNERS (Pitch Pipes):
Vintage Mandolin Tuners, late 20s & 30s, plain, brass plates,
15/16th centers, white celluloid buttons, v gd. $100.
FIGURES, MINIATURES, ETC:
& Miss Piggy, Kermit playing banjo, Piggy with parasol, marked "A
jug of wine, a loaf of bread and moi." Very rare, $125
Black Jockey Banjo Player. Figure is called a "smoker" is damaged but
fixable. Perfect ones have sold for ~$2000. As is, $550.
- Man Playing Bass Fiddle, great detail, silver, $75.
injection molded musicians, from around the world. My understanding is
there is one from every country in the world (at that time); I gave up after
4. $10 for all 4, only!
Offers considered, especially trades for banjo wrenches or
original Planet tuners. Email Mike
Holmes, or call (774) 207-0284.