Mugwumps Online Classified Ads
Scroll through this listing, or jump to any topic by clicking below. To return to the top, click the section heading. Click on the underlined text to see a picture associated with the ad. To post an ad to Mugwumps Online, please read The Rules first, then click here to compose and submit it. Be sure to visit our advertisers by clicking on their banner ads.
BANJOS (For compound instruments, see other headings. Guitars, Mandolins, Ukes, etc.)
- Reiter FF Professional, 2003. Near-mint. 8 F-holes on internal resonator. Star on pph & 5th fret. With fitted guitar case (or oversized banjo HSC for $50). $2000. Mark Schenker or call 215-264-5412.
- c1925 Vega Professional 4 string. Serial # 86977, excellent condition, original case and picks. $1499 + s/h/i. Email Bob Stanik or call (910) 235-0004.
- C.E. Ward, RB3 Standard inlay with arch top tone ring. Good condition, hsc, $1200 obo. Email Jeff Eller
- Cedar Mountain open-back. Lo Gorden's 11th banjo. 11" pot, cherry neck and dowel rod, rosewood tone ring. Similar to his Vintage Line. $1300 w/hsc. Photos available. Email Ken Karpowicz or call 860-299-6378.
- Jason Burns custom built tubaphone 12" open back, excellent condition, $1925+shpg US only. Email Philip Levine
- 1980s Wildwood Paragon All walnut, bluegrass, 5 string, flathead tr, beautiful inlay, exc cond. Lists new, $3500 sells new for $2700. My price w/hsc, $1500, s/h/i included. Email Ken Bloom or call 336-368-2847.
- 1896 Stewart Special Thoroughbred VGC to EC. Orig hardware, hsc or featherlite case, $1950 obo. Free ship in N America. Email Peter Rodman or call 530-753-2328.
- 1926 Vega Tube-a-phone style M open back tenor, VGC no wear w/hsc, $825+shpg US only. Email Charles Hazen or call (706) 465-3073.
- Mid 1920's Vega Professional in excellent shape. Tenor, with new head and original case, $1300. Email Mike Grey.
- Blue Mountain Mountain Dulcimer. Spruce top, walnut sides and back. With case and 25 music books, $600. Email Doug Hull
- Silver Dollar Model 15/14 Hammer Dulcimer traditional tuning, constructed by Gary Haith, 1984. Size approx. 44" x 22". Price includes canvas case, folding stand, T-handle tuning wrench, gooseneck tuning wrench, 1 pair felt hammers, 1 pair wood hammers. Dulcimer was rarely played and is in pristine condition (one broken string). Pictures upon request. $500.00 plus shipping for all. Email Molly Lamb
- 2002 Glenn Stevens "Moonshine" series. 4/4 violin, Bobelock case. List was c$2500, asking $1500. Email Phil Jolly.
- 1939 Gibson Century. Excellent condition/powerful pre-war sound. New frets, compensated saddle, fossilized ivory pins. $4800. Email Dan Wolber or call 336-813-0205.
- 1938 X-braced Cromwell essentially a Gibson L-OO (like Kalamazoo or Carson Robison). Strong bass, mids and highs. Excellent condition. $1700. Email Dan Wolber or call 336-813-0205.
- 1921 Gibson F-4 Mandolin with Gruhn appraisal. $6500. go to Nashville Craigslist item #4048735451 for pictures. Email Roland Marvin or call (615)360-8881 anytime.
- 1920's Lyon & Healy Mandolin style C good condition. $2,000 See Nashville Craigslist add #4048597132 for pictures. Email Roland Marvin or call (615)360-8881 anytime.
- 1925 Vega Mandolin-Banjo in nice condition. $489. go to Nashville Craigslist item #4006139600 for pictures. Email Roland Marvin or call (615)360-8881 anytime.
- Weymann Mandolute. 1913. Beautiful condition. Spruce w/arched flamed maple back, sides. Ivory tuners, ebony fb, inlaid pg, ivoroid binding, engraved silver tail piece, tuner plates. Gold leaf headstock decal, mother of pearl buttons. $700. Email Clare Giannone or call (250) 204-2502.
- Vintage Banjo Mandolins. All add s/h/i. Trades considered, no fiddles. Email Mike Holmes, or call (774) 207-0284.
Gibson F5G mandolin with hsc. #10802060. Perfect $3300+shipping. Email Jim Matthews.
- Weymann 7" Banjo Mandolin, rare, orig hsc, heavy wood-rim model, with patent Weymann metal neck adjuster, exc cond. $650.
- Fairbanks/Vega 7.5" Banjo Mandolin, metal wrapped rim, very rare, 100% original, exc cond, ready to play, $650.
- Fairbanks/Vega 4-String Banjo Mandolin. Also sold as banjo uke or lead banjo. Excellent condition. All hardware original and present. $750 orig case. Interesting documented provenance.
- Must make room. Add s/h/i for each, combine purchases to save on postage. Email Mike Holmes, (774) 207-0284.
- Vintage Banjo Wrenches. Fairbanks, Washburn, Ditson, Ludwig, etc. Also some not named but interesting or useful.
- Banjo Playing Figures & More, asst'd prices
- Grover Simplex Mute, slips under the strings and slides out of the way. Really works! Mint. $25.
- Dunlop? Toggle Capo, adjustable, non elastic, like new, black, $5.
- Hohner Trutone Pitch Pipe, antique, like small harmonica, for tenor banjo & cello, exc, w/orig box, $50.
- Mando parts: Original early 1900's Gibson A tuners; $199. Nice all-nickel waverly tuners for '40s Gibson, or others, $199. Straight rectangle plate tuners, for prewar National, Stella, etc., $50. Waverly banjolin tuners, "kidney" and cloud tailpieces. Email Gil Gaus.
- 7" Remo Banjo Heads, perfect for Stewart Piccolo banjos or Weymann banjo ukes or other exactly 7" diameter heads. $50 plus $5 s/h/i. Shipping combined for multiples. I have no other sizes. Email Mike Holmes, or call (774) 207-0284.
- Gibson style mando tailpieces, gold plate $8 ea, nickel plate $5 ea, steel, nickel plate $4 ea, archtop mando bridges, ebony-nickel plate lift, $6.50 ea. Grover machine heads, 304-G, gold, A-style, $10 ea . Further discount for all. Buyer pays shipping. Call Christina Brown (719) 217-9150 or (719) 217-9727.
- Hall Banjo Key/Wrench with ¼” 9/32” 5/16” Hex Sockets, A Patented Registered Banjo Wrench Design. Email Derrick Hall or call  01732 350 788.
- Vintage Parts. Banjo, Mandolin & Ukulele , tailpieces, tuners, etc. Figures.
RECORDINGS, BOOKS, & PERIODICALS
- All three of the following publications are available from Mike Holmes, or call (774) 207-0284.
- Index To Patents & Patentees of Acoustic, Fretted, Stringed, Musical Instruments 1831-1949. Complete listing of patents and patentees sorted by Date, Location, Patent Number, What For, and Name of patentee. Indispensible reference work for anyone interested in the history and development of musical instruments or the musical instrument industry. 128 pages including more than 100 interesting patent illustrations. Compiled and published by Mugwumps' publisher, Michael Holmes. $35 + $5.00 s/h/i.
- Mugwumps Magazines & Catalog Reprints. 1923 Vega Banjo Catalog! 1896 S.S. Stewart Catalog, 1920s Paramount Banjo Catalog, 1927 Gibson Banjo Catalog, NOS Issues of Mugwumps Magazine.
- Mandolin Instruction Old Time, Country & Fiddle Tunes by Mike Holmes. First released on Folkways, it has been re-released by Smithsonian-Folkways.
- Larrivee D-03R Guitar for a banjo. Pictures available upon request. Email Gary Watkins.
- 4-String Banjo Uke. Also sold as banjo mandolin or lead banjo. Excellent condition. All hardware original and present. $750 orig case. Interesting documented provenance. Email Mike Holmes, or call (774) 207-0284.
- Riley Baugus banjo; serious buyer will pay cash! Email Jeremiah Evans or call (314)799-3156.
- Kyle Creed banjo will pay cash; I am a serious buyer. Email Jeremiah Evans or call (314)799-3156.
- S.S. Stewart 13" spun banjo rim, with or without hardware. Will buy or I have banjo parts for trade. Email Norm Peterson or call 406-461-0052.
- Vintage Guitar & Mandolin Picks. The older, the better for this pick collector. Top dollar paid. Email Brian Bouchard or call 443-926-1158.
- A 1930's or 40's style pick guard for a 1927 Bacon "B" and the hardware. It looks like mother-of-pearl, light green color with three mounting points. Email Bob Nelson.
- A set of 4 Weymann tuners to fit Style 4 Plectrum. Email Jerry LeTourneau.
- Fairbanks Rim # 14218 It is probably a spunover rim 11-1/2" diameter. Also interested in a rim of this size that would work until I find the original. Email Dave Whitacre or call 859-468-3458.
- Tailpiece & Tuning Pegs for SS Stewart Orchestra model 5-string ca. 1896 mfg date. Email Ron Muntz, or call 517 424-9273.
- Plectrum Neck for Gibson Banjo, 26 3/16 standard scale, two piece flange heel cut preferred, okay if frets need work, must be straight and have truss rod, reddish dark mahogany lacquer finish. Email Jeffrey P.Kramer or call 262-763-3885.
- Wolfram Triumph Guitar, vgd or better, no cracks. Email Jeff Brenner or call (614) 891-7197.
- An old case for my Gibson UB 2 banjo uke--8" pot. Email Bruce Johnson or call 540-269-6504.
- Bart Reiter internal resonator banjo with 12" rim. (I already have an 11" Professional) Looking to purchase, or at least get in touch with the owner of one of his 12" rim Professional or Grand Concert models. If you have one, even if you don't want to part with it, please contact Mike O.
Disclaimer: This is just a list. Transactions are your responsibility, and care must be taken, as with any dealings. The author, Mugwumps Online, and its staff disclaim any and all responsibility for accuracy in the listings or any part of the transaction. We list the ads as a service, and that is the sum total of our involvement.
Attention Webmasters: You are welcome to link to this Classified Ads List from your website, crediting the source, but you may not copy this list and post it at your site. Thank you for your cooperation.
About the animated figures: FrankenUke was modified by MIH from the original, which is by rw51 whose site, AniGifs has a huge selection. I don't know who did the others, but they can be found at ClipArt.com. They are all copyright © their respective authors.