||Read This First
With more than 25,000 visitors every month I can't reply to questions that already have answers published here. So, before you write to Mugwumps about an instrument:
- Check the FAQs article (Frequently Asked Questions).
- Use the Search routine to look in the entire Mugwumps site. Recent stuff may not be indexed yet.
- Check the Index.
- Also, check the Link List. There may be a pointer to the information you seek.
- My database of 2500+ makers and patent holders usually has some information. This service is free, but with approximately a quarter million visitors each year, I cannot guarantee to respond to every request for information.
- Do not send photos unless requested.
- Do have the courtesy to sign your email with your real name.
- My expertise is limited to vintage, acoustic, American made, fretted, stringed, musical instruments. I have no information about imported (especially modern Asian made) instruments and I know nothing about violins or wind instruments.
- I will not tell you what your instrument is worth. That is an appraisal. I will do an appraisal, but that is not free. Write for more information about this service. It requires pictures and detailed descriptions, including measurements.